COVID FORCE MAJEURE – CUSTOMER INFORMATION
We appreciate that the situation continues to evolve every day. We’ve recently amended a number of our terms and conditions to ensure the ongoing comfort and safety of our customers and crew.
In light of the current uncertainty, we understand that some travel plans need to be changed, and we’re here to support our customers wherever possible.
If you’re currently travelling, and need assistance or have questions please contact your travel agent directly or call our Customer Service team on (+61) 3 9393 1300 or for urgent queries +61 438 739 355.
SUSPENSION OF OPERATIONS
Our trips are only guaranteed to depart once minimum paid travellers are onboard, unless group size specifically states otherwise or in the event of a Force Majeure resulting in the cancellation of a trip.
We may cancel a trip at any time up to 7-days (Day Trips) and 30-days (Short-Break / Extended Tours) before departure. Alternatively we can cancel a trip at any time prior to departure if, due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events occurs that deem it not viable for us to operate the planned itinerary.
Due to the uncertainty of travel restrictions imposed by the Australian government to reduce the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made the difficult but critical decision to suspend all sightseeing day tours and extended tour schedules due to depart until late 2021.
We are in the process of contacting all customers currently booked to travel during this time to advise them of the Force Majeure Cancellation options.
For those booked to travel on a GLT experience which includes Wildlife Tours Australia.
FORCE MAJEURE CANCELLATION
If a trip is cancelled due to a Force Majeure Event, we can offer our you the choice of:
- (a) a 100% travel credit of monies paid for your trip; or
- (b) a refund minus unrecoverable costs
If the cancellation due to a Force Majeure Event occurs after a trip has commenced, we can offer you a choice of a pro-rata:
- (a) a 110% credit for the days that remain on your trip; or
- (b) a refund minus unrecoverable costs of the days that remain on your trip.
For those who booked through one of our travel agency partners:
- please speak to your travel agent directly for information regarding refunds and re-booking procedures
- be aware different cancellation conditions may apply if/when booked through third party agents, your consultant will advise if differences apply
- we strongly advise you take out cancellation insurance at the time of booking, to ensure you are covered in any unforeseen event
Any travel credit vouchers resulting from a cancellation by the operator:
- a 2-year expiry date and may be applied towards any other tour operated by GLT within Australia;
- flexible date and name changes apply at no extra cost, must be requested 7-days prior to departure;
- travel credit or deposit amounts are transferable, not redeemable for cash;
- excludes flights or insurance as they will have their own booking conditions
In circumstances where the cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control or during a force majeure event, refunds will be less any unrecoverable costs. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking including but not limited to visas, vaccinations, travel insurance excess or non-refundable flights. The above cancellation terms are less any unrecoverable costs by accommodation providers, travel agents, third-party affiliates and supplier fees.
CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
Following the introduction of 14-day self-isolation regulations for passengers arriving into Australia, we have updated our conditions of carriage as a precautionary measure to ensure the ongoing health and wellbeing of our customers and crew.
During the onboarding process, all guests will be asked to scan a QR code, agree to a temperature check and wear a face mask whilst inside the vehicle. Hand sanitizer will be provided. If you are not feeling well or have a cold please notify us immediately, stay home and do not travel.
All passengers travelling on Wildlife Tours Australia tours may be asked to provide evidence of their date of arrival into Australia. This can be done through the provision of inbound flight documentation, passport stamps, proof of accommodation or any other means which shows either an arrival date:
- Prior to 12:01 am on the 16th of March 2020, or
- 14 days prior to the scheduled date of departure of their tour.
Failure to provide documentation upon request may result in customers denied boarding. Customers due to travel within 14 days of arriving in Australia should look to contact our customer service team to arrange moving to alternative dates (at least 7 days prior to travel) or obtain credit for future travel.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We will look to return to general conditions of carriage as soon as the self-isolation regulations are relaxed.
WHILE WE ARE OFF THE ROAD
We are still keeping busy with Pallets with Purpose. We’ve transformed our depot into a workshop to give pallets a second life in your home or living space. Jump onto our website to find out more and how you can support us during this time.