Sip, slurp and sample your way around the Hunter Valley on this interactive, entertaining and informative day tour!
Departing Sydney we head out over the famous Harbour Bridge, as we travel north toward the luscious fertile lands of the Hunter Valley, one of the most famous wine growing region in Australia. Delight and tantalize your tastebuds as we experience a variety of cellar doors and farm gate visits for local produce tastings
Price: from $129 (no lunch)
Operates: Wednesday, Saturday & Sunday
Duration: 1 Day (11.5 hours)
Departs: Sydney from 7:00am
Returns: Sydney from 18:30pm
• Visit 2 Wineries/ Tastings
• Chocolate and Fudge Tastings
• Vodka and Liqueur Tastings
• Play Bocce and compete for a free Bottle of Wine!
• Lunch at a rustic brewery with time to taste some ales
• Front seat upgrades available
This unique exploration of the Hunter Valley region provides a variety of food and wine experiences to showcase the best of the regions local produce. From wine and vodka to chocolate and beer, there is something for everyone! This day tour is a relaxed, informative and interactive tour with a relaxed pace and entertaining tour guide.
As we head north across the Harbour Bridge we leave the city and peak hour madness behind for the rolling hills of the Hunter Valley. With a stop along the way to stretch the legs, we will arrive at our first stop, the Hunter Valley Chocolate Factory showroom for samples of their chocolates and fudges followed by time to grab a coffee and relax.
After having your cocoa and caffeine fix for the day, we will progress to something a little more serious with a range of Vodka and Liqueur tastings at the Hunter Distillery. Set in an shed with a stunning backdrop, the distillery is the only certified organic distillery in the Hunter Valley and produces an exceptional range of top shelf spirits, including Vodkas, Liqueurs, Schnapps and their award winning Copperwave Gin!
This day tour also includes lunch at the rustic Matilda Bay Brewhouse, situated within the grounds of the Hunter Resort. After lunch their will be ample time to sample some of the diverse range of ales, lagers and ciders on tap or visit the cellar door for an additional exploration of Hunter Valley wines. Alternatively, relax with a coffee and enjoy the views over the vineyard.
And lets not forget the wine! The Hunter Valley is famous for its Semillon, but the region also produces a variety of wines including Shiraz, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Verdelho and we will sample a range of some of our favourites at two winery cellar doors especially selected for their commitment to excellent customer experience and quality wine.
After a full day of sipping, sampling and slurping our way around the valley, we will start to make our way back to the hustle and bustle of Sydney, which by now seems a world away, with comfort stops on the return journey, arriving back in plenty of time for a meal or a show in town!
• Wine tastings at two wineries
• Vodka tastings at Hunter Distillery
• Visit to Matilda bay Brewhouse with optional lunch
• Chocolate and fudge tastings
• Experienced Driver Guide
• Air-conditioned Mini-Coach Travel
• Comprehensive Tour Commentary
• Selected pick up/drop off in Sydney (Bondi Junction, Kings Cross & City)
What to Bring
Water bottle, comfortable walking shoes, warm/wet weather clothing, hat, sunscreen, camera, money to purchase beverages
Souvenirs (please note additional weekend surcharge fees may apply)
Not suitable for children under the age of 18 years
Hunter Valley Wine, Vodka & Chocolate Tour
Trip Ends: George St, Sydney Central (near Central Station).
This itinerary and prices are valid from January 15thuntil October 31st 2018 but are subject to change.
* If you cannot find your desired pickup location, please contact our office for a more exhaustive list of locations.* It is strongly recommended that you arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes before departure time. Please be patient and do not panic if your bus is running a few minutes late. If your bus has not picked you up within 10 minutes of your departure time, then contact our office on 03 9393 1300 or free-call on 1300 933 335.